Thursday, October 22, 2009

Finished at last

Okay so it took us about a month, but we finally moved the last piece of furniture back in to the fully renovated room last night. I then spent the rest of the night loading my books onto the book shelf in what I hope is some kind of logical order. Of course the shelves are full and there is still the matter of the half dozen boxes which are still in the basement, but I will get to those and figure out what to do with them eventually.
The best part is that I find I really like having the window right next to my desk. From that vantage point I can easily see the world going past, but more importantly, I can watch the seasons progress. I hope the solace that brings me will help me to stay focused on the task at hand.
Also, there is still ample space for the "guest bedroom" portion of the room. There is a single bed, empty dresser and TV.... just in case someone comes for a visit. I love having guests in my house. Of course there remains a bit of a mess in the bathroom which I will have to deal with tomorrow!
The last part of this evolution is to choose which pieces of art to frame and hang. I know my global cow will find a home on the wall in this room, but I am thinking I will also hang a print that I bought at Istanbul Modern and the poster from the Istanbul European Choir Concerts. But first and foremost, I have to find just the right spot for a Lucky Eye. At this point, I need all the luck I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment